Friday, January 2, 2015

Ushering in 2015...My Personal UN-Resolution Revolution

I love a new datebook and a new journal that signal the start of a new year...both of which I'm giddily possessing.  I get that familiar feeling I used to get at the beginning of a new school year in elementary school. I adored the new composition books, spiral notebooks, and folders that were neatly placed in my booksack before I hopped on the bus that first morning.  They were unblemished...untouched...no mistakes had been made yet! Funny, it didn't take long for that to remedy itself!

Usually, in my new journal, I'll post a January 1 entry that details all the things I resolve to do during the new year.  Read and exercise every day, eat less, worry less, don't be judgmental, find peace.  How in the world was I going to find peace with all these expectations I was placing on myself, with no exceptions?  All I did was set myself up for inevitable failure.  I'm taking a new approach this year, and I'm thinking it will work out better in the long run. 

Page 1 of my journal simply says "be kind to myself in anything I do, to the best of my ability, at that particular space in time."  There you go.  That pretty much sums up my un-resolution.  Here's my rationale:  I do think that, if we were all kind to ourselves, we'd be more contented people.  If we were contented people, we'd find it easier to love each other and coexist more peacefully.  I admit to being a simpleton, but, hey, this is how I roll.  
Whether you are a resolution kind of person or not, here's to a year of being kind to ourselves, and to others, in 2015.  Happy New Year, y'all. 

Until next blog post, peace and love to you...dorothy  

No comments:

Post a Comment